How to Write Articles
Been encouraging some of our brethren to write for The Vineyard Magazine and found out that some of you are actually interested but didn’t know where to start. So I’m doing this post to give some basic tips on how to write an article in general. 🙂
|O diba, ayaw sa School paper dahil – sa Local Cebu magazine pala ang aking premier! Ha ha ha! 🙂|
- Introduction – this part clearly defines the topic to be covered and keep the reader’s attention.
- Main Body– describe the events or stories with details for 3-5 paragraphs.
- Conclusion– closing and summarizing the whole topic. It could be personal comment/final opinion or a recommendation through quotes ( bible verses is applicable for The Vineyard)
Every day is a Valentine!
On this entry – I would like to share some Christian Love quotes!
We often hear the priests and our brethren in the community to Give Thanks to the Lord.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
Gracias Señor! ☺
< < < Flashback: Randy, he was my flat mate who invited and somehow “forced me” to join CLS… hehehe 🙂
See the photos below to know their faces..
|After HH kainan!|
|Our Conference ID!|
|Super Throwback thin photos! ha ha ha|
|The first 4 SFL sisters in Abu Dhabi!|
|Chillin outside while waiting for the activity to start.|
Sis Kath got married and even have a beautiful adorable son, Nathan.
|Household night with HH Group 2!|
Here comes HH group 2 – while Sis Kath was waiting for Bro. Mike – new faces joined us: Sis Rochelle, and Sis Rose (Mylen). Some chose to rest, some left Abu Dhabi and finally Kath tied the knot.
|First HH with LHH Group 3|
|First Big Weekend with HH Group 3.|
HH Group 3 comprises of Sis Jourjini, Sis Bhel & Sis Meann. Sis Meann stepped up and got her own Lower HH of 7 persons. But in less than a month or two; some went home, others a cold body, one got married. So she has Sis Cath & Sis Mari left. UHH (Upper HH) decided to merge us and while re-shuffling was happening at that time, Sis Mae becomes part of us too.
|Our own elevator moment.|
|Regular HH days with Sis Emie!|
|Ramadan dinner courtesy of Ate Amie with #HHLove|
|Complete Service team for Discovery Weekend 2014|
|Christmas Party 2013 with #HHLove with Sis Jean.|
A salute to this group is worth giving… with respect to all my past 3 HH groups, I have learned from them about the challenges of being a HH-Servant. God saw me, so he allowed me to feel blessed after sometime of keeping my faith.
|This is one of my favorite SFL Weekend activity!|
|I’m gonna miss those Elevator Selfie moments!|
|One of the Teaching Nights for Servants. Ate Elnor in grey (Left side)
|The last set of UHH Servants I worked with as SFL.
L-R : Bro Ron, Ate Lou, Ate Ash, Ate Amie, Kokobear , Bro Ryan & Sis Arlene.
For my UHH – Upper Household, I would like to say Thank you for everything. Tried and tested din ang group na ito. I know I had my own fall and set-backs, but they were simply understanding. Ideas & opinion clashes at times but we still end up realizing that this is for the Lord. It feels like they are a family away from home. May tampuhan, iyakan, sayahan… and most of all we all know what is our goal and that is to work in HIS vineyard.
|Extreme Adventure 2015|
The community allowed me to do what I do best (in my opinion lang po, pwede namang mag object.. hehehe). It allows me to do my passion.
1. My passion in teaching (through the talks and through the one-on-one relationship with the brethren… Ay! Don’t get me wrong, I can’t do that without God’s grace!… ,
|During one of the Covenant Recollection…|
|Delivering CLS Talk 4.|
|CLS Talk 6 this time.|
3. To Dance – presentations and all other required activities allows me to show that talent… (meron naman ng konti…)
|Dancing 90s song during 2012 Live Pure Conference!|
5. To Write – Often I share that I am a struggling writer, I have shared that I applied to be a part of our school paper but got rejected… But praise God! He allowed me to become EIC! (Editor in Chief) of The Vineyard! (Sinong mag-aakala na I would be able to share my simple words to the community? Thank you Lord!)
|With the help of all contributors, praise God for giving me the strength to complete 4 issues! 🙂|
This year, 2015 – a new chapter of my life’s book starts to unfold as we cross over to CFL. A new challenge a new life! I will surely miss the life of being SFL but life goes on… I continue to pray that God be my shield and inspiration to continue the service we have started.