Joining the current fad back in the Philippines, I have made my own quest of #MilkTea is life Dubai version. I scouted Dubai and found some Cafe’s that offers this refreshing and crazy-asian feel milk tea boom!
A lil history here. . . WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
Majority would probably trace back MilkTeas started in Taiwan in the’80s. Some debate about who is responsible for the phenomenon. Some believe it that Chef Liu Han Chieh, owner of Chun Shui Tang in the city of Taichung, created it by mixing syrup, milk tea and pieces of fruit. The first time tapioca pearls were said to be added by Tu Tsung of Hanlin Tea Shop in Tainan.
Wherever or who ever started it,surely pave way to this booming beverage! It has taken Philippines by storm that I even had dsome friends visited Taiwan just to get a taste of those near-authentic bubble tea drinks!
Won’t take it any longer, here are 15 shops.
1. Nai Chai, Chowking -Of course let’s start with our own Chowing. They offer the classic milk tea.
2. Chatime – Now hitting the waves of the UAE. Branches are Abu Dhabi, Dubai and other emirates. One branch is in Karama (055 899 2388)
3. Happy Lemon – Ghurair, International City, Burjuman mall are some of its branches. Tasted their matcha and the classic ones. (04 874 7725)
4. Booba – They’re at Dubai Mall (04 422 8525)
5. Bubbles and Booba – Also in Dubai Mall (04 2299083)
6. ShareTea – Tried twice… something I can’t recall the exact flavor. Burjuman & DCC metro (04 3584080)
7. Yakitate – First tasted their matcha and then all the good old classic & popular flavors. They are at IBN Battuta (Carrefour side) & Al Ghurair Center Rigga (04 255 5161)
8. The Hub 7 – A Japanese Restaurant in JLT Cluster M, Icon 1. Contact No. 04 369 7649
9. Sip to Bit – Branches in Opposite Souq Al Wasl, Al Maktoum Hospital Road, Al Rigga, Dubai (052 628 2448)
10. Waffle and Tea -Check them out at Dubai Silicon Oasis. (04 832 1145)
11. The Refreshment Section – Rigga, Food Court area of New Era Supermarket (0527920889)
12. Ping Pong – It’s an Asian restaurant chain, which hails from London. Check them at The Dubai Mall (04 339 9088).
13. Fruitelicious – Thomas’s store in Dragonmart for a rainbow of bubble tea flavours. Dragonmart, Zone B, International City (050 116 3280)
14. Panda Chinese – Panda offers Sichuan staples alongside contemporary dishes such as orange chicken and, of course, bubble milk tea. Mall of the Emirates (04 341 1156). Other locations: Deira City Centre (04 295 0041), The Dubai Mall (04 339 9321), Dubai Outlet Mall (04 425 5934).
15. Sino Chai – They serves two bubbly flavours: black tea and green tea. Dubai Healthcare City, Oud Metha (04 435 5650)
Among this list, I have only tasted Chowking, Happy Lemon, Yakitate and Serenitea. This list isn’t complete of course! Comment below if you know another milk tea cafe we can add on the list!
Note: This blog post is not sponsored. If any of these tea shops is interested of doing so, I’m open for a taste test! 🙂 I’m open for collaboration. 🙂 Drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTTO to the owners of the photos. Got them via Google.