This year’s Blogger Recognition Award goes to . . . [ drum rolls please…. 🙂 ]
What is a Blogger Recognition Award?
This award is a blogger to blogger appreciation award for their hard work, dedication and passion put into each and every post. It was created to let readers know more about other bloggers who deserved to be followed.
So, let me tell you a little more about #InMyHeart.
In college, I struggled being a writer for the school papers; submission after submission I don’t seem to get a chance being published and wonder why… but instead of being disheartened, I pursued another way to release “the” then-feeling creative” inside of me by making a personal blog via blogspot.com and ever since then I have already called it #InMyHeart. Simply because it’s my personal online diary where I share my experiences, lesson learned and any other stories in my heart. I have kept this space for a long time, I guess more than a decade now. Actually some of the original posts are now defunct. The latest one I’ve kept was only when I moved to Abu Dhabi, UAE, circa~ 2008.
Although it has been open for a while, I only took blogging a little more serious middle of last year (2016) when I finally decided to purchase my personal domain iamjmkayne.com and then have it hosted through CoffeeMags.com (now Maison) which only costs 1$/month! Right now, my personal sharing and journey are the same – the way it was back then.
Here’s a couple of advise to newbie bloggers:
- Keep the Passion Sustained. One of the reality of a “bloglife” is when you start chasing followers and getting concerns about SEO & blog traffic. That my friend, is chaotic! Define from the very beginning why you started blogging, make it your compass, your “true north” as others call it. Keep your passion about writing/blogging regarding a certain theme/topic that you are really passionate about. Because blogging is not always the high, there comes lull moments that usually requires you to think of keeping it stagnant or creating more content. So sustain it and keep that passion burning!
- Create Connections. A blog remains a speck to a bigger world of the internet and though it’s true that we all want to make a difference – with the million dollar question on how to excel among each of us. It is wiser to widen up your connections by connecting to your fellow bloggers. Find that tribe that has the same language that you have. Join FB pages/groups that will allow you to meet other passionate bloggers as you and share or learn from them as well.
So it’s time for me to pass along this award . . . in . . .
#InMyHeartJMKayne’s Blogger Recognition Award goes to my 15 nominees! And they are . . .
Actually I’ve got 5 more, so here are the 20 nominees who deserved to be recognized!
- Prachi Garg of GhoomoPhiro – Travel
- Victoria Alicia of A Traveling Translator – Travel
- Kalyan Panja of Travtasy – Travel
- Elle Chavez of Ellerrad – Architecture/Photography
- David Jacobson of HikerBible – Travel & Adventure
- Rei Moises of Ms. PoetRM – Travel & Poetry
- Ruthie Blanche of Minute Meanderer – Travel
- Kaynelle Chavez of The Kokobears – Couple Lifestyle & Travel
- Bevz Lian Adriano of My Dose of Wanderlust – Travel
- Berly Granates of The Desert Blogger – Life
- CFFL TVM of CFFL-The Vineyard Magazine – Faith, Family & Life
- Keerti Tomar of Food Travel & More – Food & Travel
- Gerry Isabelle of Dominican Abroad – Multicultural Travel
- Joaquin Luis Nicodemus of The Boy Disconquerer – Travel
- Marcela Ivanković of Marcella Photo – Lifestyle
- Petro Marais of World Mission 196 – Travel
- Gian Carlo Jubela of Adrenaline Romance – Adventure Travel
- Alexander Popkov of Engineer On Tour – Travel Finland & Scandinavia, Expat life in Finland
- Vanessa Bago Lingan-Panaligan of Piggybear Travels – Couple Travel & Foodie
- Harmony Fabrizio Skillman of Momma to Go – Travel, Fitness & Parenting
>Congratulations everyone! May we continue to share our own experiences in our simple ways that helps others and make even a little difference to make this world better! 🙂
As one of my nominees, you should pass on this award to the other 15 worthy bloggers with the rules below:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Through this award, we are able to meet our fellow bloggers and somehow appreciate their presence in this wide world of blogging. Once again, thanks to Anj Yap & Kevin Dagatan of Yamventures for this recognition. Will hopefully explore Taiwan so and relish some Meteor Garden love! ♥